Senior Art Director
Western HemisphereApply for role
About Article Group
We’re Article Group, a friendly, independent agency of creative problem-solvers.
We help enterprise tech companies market complex products to sophisticated audiences with incisive strategic thinking and useful, beautiful content.
Two old friends launched Article Group in 2015. One was a Silicon Valley product marketer. The other was an NYC agency creative. After five years of serious elbow grease, we’ve grown from kitchen-table operation to a multi-national team.
We’re seeking a Senior Art Director based… anywhere, theoretically, but ideally in [Eastern or Central Time Zones].
About the role
As a Senior Art Director with Article Group, you will collaborate with strategists and writers to engage our clients’ audiences via a range of digital collateral, content and campaigns: presentations, e-books, case studies, whitepapers, landing pages, ad units, event content and more.
In your hands, Google Slides, PowerPoint and Keynote will express beauty and grace. Though comfortable grappling with conceptual challenges, you are most in your element working through the details of visual design – sometimes navigating an existing system, sometimes expanding and inventing anew.
This role requires creative, process, and problem-solving leadership. You will be responsible for clearly communicating the path to successful creation of all internal and client-facing deliverables. You will be responsible for the creation of design work as well as the success management of other designers and vendor patterns. You will be tasked with working directly with project leaders from copywriting, strategy, and engagement as well as Creative Director-level collaboration.
- Define objectives and scope for design research, with focus on industry category, brand and competitors
- Executes design deliverables (advertising, asset layouts, comps, mood boards, storyboards, brand systems, etc).
- Creates design directions and refines visual and interaction design
- Creates and communicates workflows for large design deliverables
- Works with strategists and copywriters to craft client presentations and supporting with visual assets
- Works directly with copywriters to plan and problem-solve visual deliverables
- Hosts work reviews with all relevant team members and gives actionable feedback
- Develops, defines, and communicates creative concepts
- Advocates for the integrity of the core creative vision with client and team members
- Clearly convey design intent and ideas through the written word
- Defines complex sets of tasks and delegates to Graphic designers, specialists, or vendors
- Creates and communicates process for team members
- Oversees progress and gives actionable feedback on assigned tasks delegated to GD, specialist, or vendor
- Presents work to clients in a compelling and professional manner
- Converse with clients to clarify feedback and intentions
- Participates in client workshop sessions
You’ll be an ideal candidate if you have:
- At minimum, 5 years’ experience in advertising, brand design, digital production or relevant creative services
- A contemporary portfolio reflecting your specific designs and contributions
- Experience working remotely or with remote teams via video conference and messaging tools
- Comfort handling two or three overlapping assignments with durations ranging from roughly 4-8 weeks
- A proven ability to manage and organize your own work and adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Demonstrated skill as an empathetic listener, communicator and collaborator
- Poise under pressure
- Resilience to accept criticism of your work
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Sketch and other design software
- Proficiency with G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar), and an ability to quickly learn and embrace new tools
This role is not ideal for individuals seeking:
- First-time experience within a creative agency or related service
- Digital product design, UX or UI design
- “Hands off” authority
Article Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Thank you for your interest in the Senior Art Director position. To start the conversation please fill out the below form with all relivent information. We love to hear about you so please take a moment to drop a message that helps us understand you better. * required info