Content Strategy Director
Western HemisphereApply for role
The Content Strategy Director at Article Group will help shape and then direct our content studio, a dedicated team of writers, editors and engagement managers —alongside a visual creative team composed of staff and freelancers— to ideate, create, and hone compelling b2b marketing content for our enterprise technology clients and the agency itself.
You will help clients and our strategy and engagement teams determine the best content strategies for product marketing goals across multi-month and annual calendars, generating big-thinking ideas and ultra-focused editorial content across owned, paid and earned channels, including long-form publishing, social, blogs, sponsored and syndicated content, ebooks, thought leadership papers, in-product marketing, events, and more.
You will also lead Article Group efforts to ideate and publish our own unique, compelling content that establishes a voice and POV in the market, is useful for current and prospective client leaders, helps drive business growth for the agency, and excites our creative peers.
Ideally, your background is focused on excellence in editorial content strategy and creation, with experience in conceptual thinking, planning and managing content publishing models, and collaborating with writing and design professionals to holistically guide creative executions that are not just good, but right.
Experience as an analytical thinker is also valuable, whether that’s discerning market patterns to influence placement, using statistics to measure impact, or understanding how tools like SEO impact content.
- Partner with engagement (account) and strategist colleagues to plan content strategies, craft proposals, and build publishing calendars for client accounts and Article Group
- Ideate topics and thought leadership points-of-view for key moments across content plans
- Lead content studio writers, editors, and proofreaders to create, refine, and/or QC content deliverables across form factors and channels, based on brand standards. At the onset, this role will lead in a matrixed organizational model, with design, writing and engagement leaders maintaining direct report relationships. With growth, this model may need to adjust.
- Assign responsibilities and set internal workflows for deliverable production, including your own contributions to writing, oversight, etc.
- Present creative approaches, explaining and supporting studio work, and actively listening for improvement opportunities
- Become an in-house expert on our clients’ (and our) customers/audience and brand/product positioning, in order to expedite creative workflows and support the onboarding and acclimation of teammates
- Manage ideation and operations for internal content production, initially focused on regular email newsletter.
You’ll be an ideal candidate if you have:
- At minimum, 8 years’ experience as an copy-driven professional in B2B marketing, content publishing, advertising, or relevant creative services within an agency or in-house
- At minimum, 3 years’ experience contributing to and/or leading market-facing content strategy on behalf of clients / within an agency or equivalent setting.
- At minimum, 3 years’ experience leading creative teams either with direct reporting relationships
- A contemporary portfolio reflecting your specific contributions, with examples relevant to our client focus (mostly b2b, mostly software and technology companies) and the agency world
- Proven experience with multi-channel content marketing, including long-form publishing, social, blogs, sponsored and syndicated content, ebooks, thought leadership papers, in-product marketing, and event content.
- Comfort handling overlapping assignments; some entailing oversight of others, others directly in your hands
- Demonstrated skill as an empathetic listener, communicator and collaborator, including with clients
- Poise under pressure, and resilience to accept criticism of your work
- Proficiency with creative, business, and remote work software, and an ability to quickly learn and embrace new tools
This role is not ideal for individuals seeking:
- “Hands off” authority
- A purely creative writing position
- First-time experience within an agency or related service model
- Focus exclusively on a single creative discipline
Thank you for your interest in the Content Strategy Director position. To start the conversation please fill out the below form with all relivent information. We love to hear about you so please take a moment to drop a message that helps us understand you better. * required info